Thursday, April 2, 2009

What it was like to get married on a Kauai beach

Getting married on a beach in Hawaii was a dream come true for me. Since the moment my fiancé and I discussed getting married I knew it would be on the island of Kauai. Then the real work began: at which beach would we get married and who would we use as a wedding photographer?

I scoured the internet for wedding sites on Kauai and became fascinated with the Hanalei Colony Resort. Its remote location is perfect for the intimate wedding we wanted and the lush landscaping provides the tropical touch that was so important to me in my decision to marry in Hawaii.

We wanted these elements to be showcased in the wedding photography. And Timory was able to pull it all together. Of course it’s impossible to depend on the weather to cooperate on Kauai’s north shore, but Timory worked with us and our small wedding party through wind and rain to capture our event forever in the best possible way. She focused on the other elements that made the day so special for us, such as family, location, incorporating the lush grounds, and the wedding party’s attire.

She exceeded our expectations with her determination and dedication to provide us professional pictures capturing that special moment in time, from the formal photos of my husband and I in the grassy garden area to the ensemble on the beach during the ceremony. I am thrilled with the outcome of our wedding and anticipate the day we return for additional fond memories.

Heidi Hastings

For more information visit: www.AlohaEvereAfter.com

1 comment:

  1. Hawaii is considered to be the most romantic place on Earth. The islands offer an amazing wedding location and honeymoon spot all rolled into one!

    ReplyDelete